Freelance Writer, Editor, and Consultant, 2000-Present
Focus on establishing, refining, and managing organizational procedures and processes.
- Establish and document editorial workflow processes.
- Assist in new product development.
- Introduce new technologies and software, including content management systems.
Writing and Editing
Areas of focus include corporate earnings/finances, corporate communications, marketing/public relations, general business literature, technical documentation, and healthcare. Extensive experience in summarizing complex concepts in plain language.
- Produce written summaries of financial earnings reports.
- Create strategic corporate marketing materials.
- Write and edit annual reports.
- Develop and edit healthcare management and hospital accreditation materials.
- Develop technical manuals for complex processes.
- Develop and edit sociological research reports.
Major clients include Thomson Reuters; HCPro, Inc.; EBSCO Publishing; Catalyst, Inc.; ImpactOven; MeansBusiness, Inc.; New Bedford Publishing; and NYU Online.
Selected Other Experience
MeansBusiness, Inc., Boston, MA
Senior Editor, Career Product; 2000-2002
Selected, edited, and maintained Career Management content for the MeansBusiness database; supervised all editorial work on Career Management content, assisted in writing and editing of marketing collateral. Served as liaison between technical and editorial staff during development of a proprietary content management system. Assisted in development of editorial processes.
Schwartz Communications, Inc., Waltham, MA
Assistant Account Executive; 1999-2000
Developed a range of marketing communications materials for high-tech clients, including customer profiles, press releases, and ghost-written articles for publication in vertical trade magazines. Also pitched technology and business trade magazines and managed corporate speaking programs.
Cornell University—M.F.A. (Poetry), May 1999
Bowdoin College—A.B. (English and Music), May 1997